Evolution of the Shamal Ultra in terms of aesthetics and braking performance is called Shamal Mille.
The special ceramic Plasma Electrolytic oxidation give the rim an elegant fnish, as does the matte black of the hub, spokes and quick release.
But it is on the braking performance that the Campy Tech lab engineers have made yet another step forward: the refned spiral groove on the braking track allows a reduction in braking times on both wet and dry terrain and guarantees maximum silence even when braking sharply. The special ceramic treatment has been studied to work with the blue Campagnolo® brake pad and gives best results when used with a Campagnolo® brake with the pad always thoroughly cleaned.
The Shamal Mille wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo wheels.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Campagnolo 11-Speed
- PLASMA ELECTROLYTIC OXIDATION: it offers elegant finish and enhances braking power and modularity.
- TOROIDAL MILLING: reduces the peripheral weight of the rim - makes the wheel extremely reactive.
- SPIRAL GROOVE ON THE BRAKING TRACK: it reduces braking distance while maintaining silent braking.
- PROFILE IN LIGHT ALLOY FOR C15 CLINCHER: can be used with the traditional clincher and inner tube system.
- DIFFERENTIATED RIM HEIGHT: 23 mm for the front, 27 mm for the rear.
- DYNAMIC BALANCE™: every point of the rim is counter-balanced by an equal weight on the opposite side. Maximum stability of the wheel even at high speeds.
- SPOKES ANTI-ROTATION SYSTEM: keeps the spokes in the position of maximum aerodynamic penetration.
- DIFFERENTIATED SPOKES: 16 radial spokes for the front, 21 spokes for the rear, doubled on the right and exclusive G3 spokes to reduce vibration, increase transverse stiffness and transmission of power to the wheel.
- AERO SPOKES IN ALUMINIUM: maximum aerodynamic penetration - lower weight and greater reactivity.
- ALUMINIUM NIPPLES: reduces the peripheral mass of the wheel - increases reactivity.
- CARBON FIBRE HUB BODY: high degree of lateral stiffness - reduces the weight to the minimum.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: increases the torsional stiffness, increasing reactivity at each change of pace of the cyclist.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: reduces the weight of the wheel.
- CERAMIC USB BEARINGS WITH DIFFERENTIATED DIAMETERS: 28 mm for the front, 30 mm for the rear. Less friction, less weight, greater smoothness and the same performance over time.
- QUICK RELEASE: steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die. Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.