Shamal Carbon Disc Brake
For Campagnolo, the SHAMAL family has always represented an evolutionary impulse beyond its own limitations, a challenge and a triumph. Since 1992, this wheel has been an icon for enthusiasts, who with SHAMAL saw the birth of the high-profile concept, a forerunner of what is currently available on the market. SHAMAL still has the same meaning for Campagnolo: breaking the mould to face the future.
The first Campagnolo wheel dedicated to endurance was born in keeping with this mantra, with a 21 mm internal channel that can accommodate larger tyres and ensure the cyclist maximum comfort on races and long rides. This new product was intended for a broader customer base, with a new, more accessible price point, but with every feature necessary to guarantee the maximum performance and style that characterise Campagnolo wheels. Carbon rim with unidirectional finish and a differentiated front/rear profile, modern rounded profile, new aluminium hubs, cup-and-cone bearing system. Every design decision is determined by the sole goal of improving cyclists’ performance over long hours on the saddle, providing comfort and rideability in all conditions.
The profile of the rim, which has an internal diameter of 21 mm, makes for perfect pairing with 25, 28 and 30 mm tyres. The wide channel, however, makes this wheel a complete all-rounder, also suitable for larger tyres that are perfect for gravel biking. Thanks to 2-Way Fit technology, Campagnolo guarantees complete compatibility with both clincher and tubeless tyres. The hole-free upper bridge, achieved through the patented MoMag system, allows a weight saving, increased rigidity and now also an aid to using tubeless tyres: no tape is required for the seal. Maintaining and cleaning the wheel on tyre changes has never been easier. These wheels are designed to ensure extreme performance, comfort and versatility for cyclists.
Campagnolo has always been a byword for reliability: the G3 spoking system with double spokes on the left of the front wheel ensures balanced and safe braking in all conditions. The construction of the whole wheel, engineered by considering every single component as part of a system, makes each Campagnolo product a godsend on longer rides, cyclosportives and the most demanding adventures.
SHAMAL CARBON DB: a renewed icon that maintains its blazing, indefatigable soul, like the wind from which it takes its name.
Available versions: dark label, Campagnolo N3W™, Shimano HG, Sram XDR™ FW hub
- 24 slim steel circular-section spokes at the front, grouped according to the G3 system
- 24 slim steel circular-section spokes at the rear, grouped according to the G3 system
Versions and weights
- Campagnolo N3W™ body
- HG11 body
- XDR body
- Only available for 2-Way Fit: 1.585 g
- Campagnolo sprocket set 10/11/12/13
- Shimano sprocket set / SRAM 10/11
- SRAM 12 sprocket set
- Black aluminium monolithic hub
- Hub edge: 100 mm in the front, 142 mm in the rear
- Pivot material: aluminium
- Cup-and-cone bearing system
- Profile height: 35 mm front / 40 mm rear
- Rim material: carbon
- Rim cross section (H x W): 35-40/28.1 mm
- Internal diameter of rim: 21 mm
- Adhesive Stickers graphics
- Clincher tyres
- Tubeless tyres
The SHAMAL CARBON™ Disc Brake wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo® technician and is 100% checked using electronic instrumentation. This procedure ensures that every single Campagnolo® wheel offers maximum performance and reliability
- 50 mm tubeless valve
- Bushing to reduce the size of the valve hole
- 2 levers in composite material for tyre removal
- User manual
- N3W™ adapter kit driver body for 11-12s compatibility (Campagnolo N3W™ body version)