Lightweight Fernweg C Disc 85
Lightweight has spent months in the windtunnel with professional thriathletes until the perfect shape and profile height was developed. The result is a unique aerodynamic carbon spokes wheel with impressive performance values. With our new FERNWEG we now joined the champions league of aero wheels and don’t have to shy away from comparison with our competition regarding aerodynamics.
FERNWEG is a premium wheel combining top values in aerodynamics, lower cross wind vulnerability, sitffness, handling and weight. The new FERNWEG is available in the rim heights of 63mm and 85mm. The non disc version can be ordered for clincher as well as for tubular tyres. The disc version is only being offered for clincher tyres. The Standard variant will be available with a white and optional with a red decal. Of course we will further offer the „Schwarz Edition“ variant which is equipped with CeramicSpeed bearings and comes with a black decal.
With FERNWEG, Lightweight has finally arrived in the pro-sports segment. It was built up on the basic concept of our top wheel MEILENSTEIN and further developed into an aero wheel. Sounds promising, doesn’t it?
- Wheel type : Clincher
- Weight FW : 840 g
- Weight BW : 925 g
- Rim depth : 85mm
- Max rim width : 26,4mm
- Inner rim width : 17mm
- No. of spokes (FW/BW) : 20/20
- Tyre width : 25-32 mm
- Max. system weight : 120 kg
- Aero wheel based on the concept of our renowned MEILENSTEIN wheel
- Integration of the propulsive properties and stiffness of MEILENSTEIN
- Modern shape – rim design optimised for aerodynamic efficiency
- Top wheel in the combination of aerodynamics, crosswind sensitivity, stiffness, handling and weight
- Outstanding stiffness to weight ratio in the field of high profile wheels
- Very low crosswind sensitivity
- Full carbon spokes for direct power transmission without loss of energy
- Best used for mountainous, twisting and/or windy triathlon competitions as well as time trials