COSMIC ULTIMATE 45 DISC
Ultimate is not just a name, it’s the word we reserve for pinnacle performance. And it’s now finally compatible with tubeless and clincher tyres and for disc brake bikes.
At just 1255g, this wheelset is the ultimate balance of lightweight, stiffness and aerodynamics.
The rim is engineered with a NACA-inspired, full-carbon profile that’s 45mm deep and 27mm wide. It’s made from a complex lay up that optimizes the stiffness to weight ratio. Its external layer takes our distinctive UD² finish.
The rim is not drilled, so it doesn't require the use of a rim tape to become airtight: a guarantee for a hassle free tubeless use.
The 20 elliptical carbon fiber spokes and high, thin carbon hub flanges offer a proven aero advantage.
The spokes are made with unidirectional carbon fibers, so they don’t stretch. The spokes run continuously from one edge of the rim to the other, through the hubs (R2R technology), creating one single spoke instead of two. This adds wheel stiffness and eliminates the need to mechanically attach the spokes to the hub.
Inside the carbon hub shells, the axles are paired with automatically adjusted sealed cartridge bearings for perfect preload. At the back, the ID360 freewheel system provides instant engagement (40 points of engagement = 9°) and low friction. The hubs are thru-axle compatible (12x100 up front and 12x142 at the back) and made for Center Lock brake rotors.
At just 1255g, Cosmic Ultimate UST Disc is the ultimate balance of lightweight, stiffness and aerodynamics: the pinnacle of tubeless carbon wheels
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Valve hole diameter: 65 mm
- Height: 45 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Drilling: co-molded Fore drilled inserts
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC
- Material: 100% carbon fiber with UD external layer
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Material: unidirectional carbon fiber
- R2R carbon spoke technology
- Axle material: aluminum
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- QRM Auto bearing preload technology
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through axle compatible
- Front and rear bodies: Carbon
- Hub available for Center Lock brake rotors only
- Recommended tire sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Max Pressure: see indication on wheel and tire If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- Maximum tyre pressure: 675bar/97PSI with a 23mm tyre - 38bar/55PSI with a 62mm tyre
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo ED11, N3W and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters and axle replacement
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with optional adapters Not compatible with 15mm through axles
- Color: Black only
- Disc standard: Center Lock® only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (V2680301)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (V2510901) with axle V2373401
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3430101 - Delivered on the wheel)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (V2510801 (with axle V2373401)
- ID360 N3W freewheel body (V4270101)
- Computer magnet (99624501)
- User guide