Go faster, for less.
We love riding bikes fast, and we guess you do too. But we also know that most people in the world are balancing their disposable income with supporting a family, paying off student debt, or just don't wanna ride a bike that cost more than a down payment on a house. We hear you loud and clear. Racing bikes shouldn't be about who has the deepest pockets. We think well-made, aero-tested, and most importantly safe equipment should be available to the masses and that's the main philosophy behind the Lún Road series.
Tubeless Ready if you are
We're hooked on tubeless. We love it's improved rolling resistance and the lack of pinch flats. We designed the Lún rims to be as easy to setup tubeless as possible. No spoke holes in the rim bed means you never have to worry about rim tape or air leaking through the spoke holes. Combined with a high quality tubeless tire such as the Schwalbe Pro One TLE™, mounting the tire is straight-forward and the tire can usually be seated with a regular floor pump and minimum fuss. A 19mm wide internal rim bed (25mm external width at the brake track) means the rims are ready and optimized for the latest generation of performance road tires. Reinforced carbon hooks ensure a wider range of compatibility with tubeless tires from most manufacturers. But hey, if you're still not convinced by tubeless technology, you'll be happy to know our rims are 100% compatible with traditional clincher tires and tubes.
We engineered some pretty amazing hubs when we designed our range-topping HYPER wheels, we thought it would be a shame to waste that effort. Therefore the Lún Road series share most of their hub internals with the Lún HYPER wheels. The heart of the hub is a 17mm oversized axle and oversized 6803 and 6903 bearings. This keeps the hub stiff and light while minimizing friction on the bearings resulting in more of your energy being used to make your bike go faster, longer, lighter. By default the Lún Road series come with robust precision manufactured stainless steel bearings, but ceramic bearings are available as an optional upgrade.
- Carbon Spokes
- Filament Wound Carbon Rim
- 26mm wide and 50mm deep Aerodynamic Rim Profile
- Clincher (Tubeless-ready)
- Ceramic Bearings
- Aero-optimized for 25mm Tire
- 1455g +/- 3%
- Disc Brake Version
- Compatibility: Disc brake versions compatible with F:12x100 R:12x142 thru-axle
- - Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes.
- - Compatible with tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers.
- - When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Upto 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless.
- - Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.