The reliable everyday performance of Aksium, engineered for the special demands of disc brakes.
Aksium is a great choice for everyday road riding. With a smart balance of high-quality materials and durable construction, it offers aspiring road riders the clear performance benefits of a high-quality wheelset.
This Aksium Disc model includes special features aimed at the unique demands of disc brake road bikes. It uses straight-pull spokes for added stiffness and strength, and we also increased the spoke count to 24 on both front and rear wheels.
With a 17mm internal width, these rims are compatible with tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable and ideal for challenging road conditions. The disc-specific hubs feature super strong QRM bearings that provide low friction and long-term durability.
- 1905grams (Pair without tyre)
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Height: 21 mm
- Joint: pinned
- Drilling: traditional with H2 reinforcement
- Disc brake specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Nipples: brass, ABS
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: front aluminum, rear steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Front convertible to 15mm through axle
- BR101 quick releases
- Rim tape
- User guide
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included